<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Music 2024

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:54 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 395Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm
Quote:
Where does the new stuff take your sound?

“We have owned our own sound since the start, so we ain’t about to change. It’s all about writing bigger tunes and finding different ways to sonically attack the crowd when we play live.”

Basically he is saying that sound ain't gonna change, we will get continuation of sound he started with Invaders. It's not that I blame him, they live of the live thing, and are getting old, but damn i would like them to experiment more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:17 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 107Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Yes, I long for them and Liam to explore deeper and reinvent themselves in the forthcoming (??) album as they did with the first four albums.

However, they have now seemed to settle in their core identity by shattering the crowd into pieces with sonic attacking breaks and bass sounds without that much of "depth" in the tracks. I don't mind that either. I really still do like TDIME and NT albums. But as a whole album entity, IMD has not stood the test of time as well as their other albums, excluding individual classic tracks on that album. (But it contains my all-time disgust: Piranha :jackoff: :vomit: )

So, maybe more risk-taking and controversiality is highly expected. Naming their opening track back on TFOTL as SMBU was truly an eye-brown rising. In a REALLY good way! :lol:

Relating to this, I have loved the original idea of them renewing the visual style as well, all the way down to the band's logo from album to album. Yet, the music has always been identifiable. Tha is the main thing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:20 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 422Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
so the same rhetoric all over again, smash the crowd, attack, fire, gigs and fuel...

I definitely give up regarding music quality content, they have become a live gig band doing the same thing since 2008.

I mean, we do get good tracks and for sure going to those live shows must be rocking and awesome but they no longer want to try to do a different approach in terms on music

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:30 am
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
judging by the interview, I wouldn't count on the new album earlier than in 2026, unless Liam seriously finishes these songs in the fall of this year, then mix and mastering and we would get the album sometime in the summer or fall of 2025, but this is a very optimistic scenario... I guess that's what awaits us the longest publishing break since the gap between TFOTL and AONO

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:13 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 89Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Arsendis wrote:
judging by the interview, I wouldn't count on the new album earlier than in 2026, unless Liam seriously finishes these songs in the fall of this year, then mix and mastering and we would get the album sometime in the summer or fall of 2025, but this is a very optimistic scenario... I guess that's what awaits us the longest publishing break since the gap between TFOTL and AONO

Gap between TFOTL & AONO was 7 years and approx 1 month.

If the album comes out next year in fall/autumn that would be 7 years since NT came out.
If it’s released in 2026 that would be close to 8 years and overtake the longest period.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:19 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
antwarrior79 wrote:
Arsendis wrote:

Gap between TFOTL & AONO was 7 years and approx 1 month.

If the album comes out next year in fall/autumn that would be 7 years since NT came out.
If it’s released in 2026 that would be close to 8 years and overtake the longest period.

Knowing Liam's work pace, I can believe that he will break this record ;)

Offline Profile