<  PRODIGY NEWS  ~  New Music 2024

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1351Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
We will find out more in a few days when they play Poland, if they're still churning out the same setlist then i'd lose all hope of new material this year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 5:30 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 89Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Well I think we are now in the territory of no new music in 2024.

In 2018 we had NS1 released in July and the announcement of NT for a November release.
That time this year has passed so the only thing I can see now is a tour end of the year around something that might be out Q1 2025. Let’s see.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:05 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
antwarrior79 wrote:
Well I think we are now in the territory of no new music in 2024.

In 2018 we had NS1 released in July and the announcement of NT for a November release.
That time this year has passed so the only thing I can see now is a tour end of the year around something that might be out Q1 2025. Let’s see.

the fact that the album and single were announced in the summer of 2018 does not mean that it has to be like that now, let's wait patiently, I think the new album is closer than further... maybe suddenly at the beginning of 2025 Liam will announce something? or maybe it will be only the middle of next year? there is no point in guessing, let's just wait, something will happen, that's more than certain

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:36 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 107Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
I agree with Arsendis. Mostly.

I hoped, along with everyone else, that a solid album would be released during 2024 and that some teasers or even whole tracks from that release would have been played at least in some of those festival gigs in 2024. The fast timeline from announcing the No Tourists album to the actual release set the bar high back in 2018 (soon, 6 years ago!!).

But when it seems unlikely that this will reoccur in 2024, I have already started to look for 2025 and beyond.

But will there be a traditional album anymore? Or is it going to be "just" a soundtrack for the document they promised to air at some point? Or will it be some Flint Device #1 album remake or just an EP of two new tracks and two never-heard remixes? Anything is possible at the moment. Of course, I hope it is all of the above. But I truly am sad if there won't be a solid album full of fresh and never-heard Prodigy tunes with some common thread or theme (concept album!). I don't believe that, for example, an official document soundtrack would do the same whoa effect and tingle in the spine for me.

(As a personal comment, for the next 6 months, I will have to live on a low budget. So, in that sense I don't mind if I don't have to spend any money on The Prodigy releases before that period is over :lol: )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:58 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3117Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
I think Liam had a lot of ideas and a lot of free time to write beats. This will probly be a full blown album like The Day Is My Enemy. 14 track album with bonus few bonus tunes. Expanded edition etc. No Tourist was a smaller scale album with 10 tracks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:50 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 972Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
maybe I missed something but I don't see any solid proof or even hint that an album is coming next year.
there's a huge difference between hashtags on instagram and an actual album release.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:54 pm
Kingdom wrote:
maybe I missed something but I don't see any solid proof or even hint that an album is coming next year.
there's a huge difference between hashtags on instagram and an actual album release.

After the Paris show Dec 2023 Liam wrote on his instagram

“We Will return, new music next year, let’s fukin go!”

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:40 am
Kingdom wrote:

and what solid proof was there in 2014 before the release of TDIME or in 2017 before the release of NT (apart from Liam's post from September)? 2024 is not over yet and 2025 will be a long year and fans just want to believe that Liam will finish the album by then, I think there is a reason why a tour for the fall is not announced, I guess that through the fall/winter Liam will want to finish production new album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:50 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1660Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Someone from Australia posted a pic of a sticker with black ant on yellow background and it was written 2025 in prodigy’s current font.

:!:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:28 am
GruntGruntPosts: 10Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:56 pm
Do you have a link for this? if it turns out to be true that's pretty hype

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:07 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 21Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:24 pm
Ev_16 wrote:
Do you have a link for this? if it turns out to be true that's pretty hype

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/XYscbrW1Y5p6mJkd/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:49 am
GruntGruntPosts: 43Location: Outside the InsideJoined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:56 pm
That has nothing to do with a new album, its a reference to them going to Australia on tour to play live shows

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:51 am
shadow wrote:
That has nothing to do with a new album, its a reference to them going to Australia on tour to play live shows

but it's probably obvious that if they decide to tour outside Europe, it has to do with promoting the new album, Liam doesn't like traveling outside Europe, it tires him... he goes on tour to other continents when he really has to
If these leaks from Australia turn out to be true, it's clear to me that a new album and a world tour are coming.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:25 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:53 am
Arsendis wrote:
https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-prodigy-interview-liam-howlett-reading-leeds-keith-flint-beastie-boys-new-album-3785635

Shame, don’t really tell us much. Was hopeful of a little nme scoop with an idea on when we might see some new music. Sounds like LH is still working on it.

Offline Profile