<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Smukfest, Skanderborg, Denmark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:10 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 841Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I came 45 minutes before the show, and got a good front row. For these minutes up to, I have to listen to people next to me, who pretended to have knowledge to The Prodigy, saying Keith was the lead SINGER, died in 2017, and now they might have a new SINGER replacing him, and saying Prodigy was techno and all these things, you will get annoyed to hear. Tough wait. I kept my mouth shut the whole time. 10 minutes too later than scheduled, the intro comes (a song i forgot the name of, into Shoot Down, mixed with the Jilted Intro), and Breathe hits out. I will never get used to Breathe as an opener. It needs more tempo or nostalagi. It is not right. The last time i saw them, they opened with Everybody In The Place. That was perfect! Besides that. It sounded good live, but was edited to around 2 minutes, whiiich.... hmm... It envolves into Wind It Up's "Equal rights and justice in this time.", then it went to Omen (single version), which works better live than I remember. Sound i still perfect. Then comes the updated version of Spitfire, which sounds better than ever, but the bass from here, is so loud, from this point, and the rest of the show. Firestarter tribute was emotionel to a degree. We miss Keith, and his presence live, did matter. Maxim can not hype the same way. I liked he stand like a soldier during Firestarter, when when into d&B version. When SMBU came, I was prepared. Change my pitch up, smack my pitch up. So lame. Make it Instrumental, if it has to. Not my favourite Prodigy gig. Too edited set and songs, and Keith is too missed. Though, it was nice to see the gang since 2017. No surprises this time. They need some changes in the set. Setlist here https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-prod ... 52b73.html

Last edited by Trawizz on Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:53 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 80Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
Trawizz wrote:
For these minutes up to, I have to listen to people next to me, who pretended to have knowledge to The Prodigy, saying Keith was the lead SINGER, died in 2017, and now they might have a new SINGER replacing him, and saying Prodigy was techno and all these things, you will get annoyed to hear.

typical, but you shouldn't worry about these types of pseudo-fans... the most important thing is to have fun at the concert of the band we all love so much:)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 3:47 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 841Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Arsendis wrote:
Trawizz wrote:
For these minutes up to, I have to listen to people next to me, who pretended to have knowledge to The Prodigy, saying Keith was the lead SINGER, died in 2017, and now they might have a new SINGER replacing him, and saying Prodigy was techno and all these things, you will get annoyed to hear.

typical, but you shouldn't worry about these types of pseudo-fans... the most important thing is to have fun at the concert of the band we all love so much:)

Haha, yes I know. But when you have been to the festivals from noon til 23.45 then you fed up with these people who think Voodoo People was the first single :lol:
But yes, I try to ignorere it. It was a good show, and I am glad I saw them again. Just lacking their surprise tracks in their sets. Get Your Fight On and Toadblox (that was a spelling mistake, but I'll leave it :D) should leave the set more than Everybody In The Place and they should add original Thunder.

Offline Profile