<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Warning lyrics and Keith's suicide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:26 am
GruntGruntPosts: 22Joined: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 am
The motives of Keith's suicide which was just described as "depression" has in my opinion not sufficiently discussed here.

Take the track "Warning" for example which was just officially released as instrumental version (probably lyrics would have needed too much 'parental advisory').

The live lyrics are:
"I'm not a punk, I'm just a cunt. Talking to me, I'm probably drunk. Punk rockers, get it on. Ravers get it on, listen ! "

This track is a good example of the mistaken of the words "I" and "You" in almost every second track of the record industry.
This track shows, what Keith thought of his fans; he hated them. (Please don't delete this post )

You, as fan can now go to your bathroom, stand in front of the mirror, and sing these lyrics :
"I'm not a punk, I'm just a cunt", while looking at your own face in the mirror.

Keith Flint in this track auditions what the audience should sing to him or to themselves.
He obviously doesn't sing "You are not punks, you (fans) are just cunts." (That would be too easy too see through).

Or for example the Maxim song "Holding on"
with these lyrics (Taken from : https://theprodigy.info/solo/maxim/lyrics.php
8. Holding On

I will ride with u, I will cry 4 u,
Deprive myself 4 u,
No matter what they say or do,
I will stay with you,

etc.

"I will stay with you"
Who is meant ? It is not a (obvious) girl that is meant, it is the singer (Maxim ) meant, so it is again sung for the audience to resing this for themselves.
Like the Maxim song "Backward bullet " Mirror, mirror on the wall who do we fear ...."

You (as fans) should sing every song, also a lot of other bands, their lyrics in front of your bathroom mirror to realize the whole rip-off of the music industry.

Please don't delete this criticism, I think you have to regard this in relation to Keith Flint's suicide.
I remember Kurt Cobain said he would kill himself for empathy for his fans. A lot of nirvana songs are good examples of these tracks being an example of the mistaken of the words "I" and You" as well.

greetings
ant_killer

Offline Profile