<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  The Prodigy Live Dates 2024

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:51 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2920Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Tanner_47 wrote:
Nothing new, folks. Spitfire come back.

These are some great news. :Firestarter: :evilflame:

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:40 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 17Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:13 pm
So is it that maybe they know where they are in their career? Everyone goes on about no new material (myself included) but they are at that point in their career that they are a golden oldie band. They are playing a festival in ireland and if I'm right it's billed as a family friendly kinda vibe. 10-15 years ago, that wouldn't happen. Now they seem content to do it. Obviously less running costs than a standalone tour. I'd still like to see new music played and hearing new music but I think they are status quo'ng it. Wheeling out the hits, giving everyone a good time. No new fans want to hear new songs....they want the hits. Old fans want new music because we know it's there, we know for the most part it'll be awesome and we know it takes a long time to release these days.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:56 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 107Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Smiechol wrote:
Also Diesel was not played when it comes to setlist compared to 2023.

However

For me as a person who attended their concert last time in 2012, MAN this was fucking epic

The energy whole band has, the lighting, whole scenography, sound od the tracks with live drums. What a spectacle FUUCK :Firestarter:

Can you send a setlist and some video clips!

Was the #Rayman around? :wink:

Sad :cry: to hear that there was no even small bits and pieces of some new material. Probably nowadays they avoid airing new tracks in their entirety before their actual release because almost everyone is equipped with such good recording cell phones...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:25 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 6Location: PolandJoined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:47 pm
Please check on YT. There are some good quality vids already. I did not want to waste time on recording, was focused on rocking :-D

However there was new (I think) background and eyes of these "guys" on it were lit sometimes, looked great

I dont remember whole setlist unfortunately but what was surprising they played Voodoo before Omen and Firestarter before No Good (EITP>Firestarter>No Good) Also Light up The Sky was played later than usual. They did not Play Diesel and Their Law. All links/fills were the same as in 2023.

Last edited by Smiechol on Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:31 pm
Smiechol wrote:
Please check on YT. There are some good quality vids already. I did not want to waste time on recording, was focused on rocking :-D

However there was new (I think) background and eyes of these "guys" on it were lit sometimes, looked great

That backdrop looks amazing and interesting.. Again! That is also one thing to look for when a new tour starts.

That is totally fine. I am also one of them who cannot film during the gig and usually concentrating on pogoing and throwing the fists in the air :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:23 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2416Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Lastu wrote:

Can you send a setlist...

Sad :cry: to hear that there was no even small bits and pieces of some new material. Probably nowadays they avoid airing new tracks in their entirety before their actual release because almost everyone is equipped with such good recording cell phones...

Setlist from Orange Festival 2024 in Warsaw:

Breathe
Voodoo People
Omen
Spitfire 2024
Climbatize
Everybody in the place
Firestarter
Roadblox
Light up the sky
No Good
Poison
Need Someone
Woke My Smack Up

TMTTH
Invaders must die
We live forever
Out of space

Spitfire 2024 is actually an original album version (or seomething like it). This year is 20th aniversary, so it's nice reminder!

No new track, no new fills, links, hints or any new material, even no Disrupt Ya Flow. But no surprise there tbh. I can bet that they don't even have any new material.

Smack My Bitch Up still woke and censored. Personally, I'd rather see the song removed from the setlist than have them perform this disgrace.

:guns:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:16 am
Guest01 wrote:
Lastu wrote:

Breathe
Voodoo People
Omen
Spitfire 2024
Climbatize
Everybody in the place
Firestarter
Roadblox
Light up the sky
No Good
Poison
Need Someone
Woke My Smack Up

TMTTH
Invaders must die
We live forever
Out of space

Spitfire 2024 is actually an original album version (or seomething like it). This year is 20th aniversary, so it's nice reminder!

No new track, no new fills, links, hints or any new material, even no Disrupt Ya Flow. But no surprise there tbh. I can bet that they don't even have any new material.

Smack My Bitch Up still woke and censored. Personally, I'd rather see the song removed from the setlist than have them perform this disgrace.

Thanks for the setlist.
I listened to this new Spitfire 2024 version from YT. It is like the '05 version with extra drum fills but with different sounding "helicopter-type" of fast drum fills. Actually sounds cool.
Even if I actually like the original album version with empty or silent pauses in the bassline.

Because of the 20th anniversary they most def should add to their setlist more tracks from the AONO era: Girls should still work live, Medusas path (edit) also. Why not wake up call and You'll be under my wheels too!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:07 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 841Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Lastu wrote:
Guest01 wrote:
Lastu wrote:

Breathe
Voodoo People
Omen
Spitfire 2024
Climbatize
Everybody in the place
Firestarter
Roadblox
Light up the sky
No Good
Poison
Need Someone
Woke My Smack Up

TMTTH
Invaders must die
We live forever
Out of space

Thanks for the setlist.
I listened to this new Spitfire 2024 version from YT. It is like the '05 version with extra drum fills but with different sounding "helicopter-type" of fast drum fills. Actually sounds cool.
Even if I actually like the original album version with empty or silent pauses in the bassline.

Because of the 20th anniversary they most def should add to their setlist more tracks from the AONO era: Girls should still work live, Medusas path (edit) also. Why not wake up call and You'll be under my wheels too!

Under My Wheels??? It is hardly a song. They should perform Rock N Roll 98 then. When I saw them in 04, they played Girls (which is one of my favourite Prodigy songs), but it didn't work live. It needs a more straight forward beat, so it can be danceable for concerts. They also performed Medusa's path, which worked really well as a break for Maxim and Keith, and the second version of The Way It Is, with the Thriller recreation samples, which was brilliant. AONO was not a very good album to perform live. I wish to hear more Jilted, like Break & Enter, The Heat, Claustrophobic Sting, One Love and Rhythm of Life

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:18 am
[/quote]
Thanks for the setlist.

Because of the 20th anniversary they most def should add to their setlist more tracks from the AONO era: Girls should still work live, Medusas path (edit) also. Why not wake up call and You'll be under my wheels too![/quote]

Under My Wheels??? It is hardly a song. They should perform Rock N Roll 98 then. When I saw them in 04, they played Girls (which is one of my favourite Prodigy songs), but it didn't work live. It needs a more straight forward beat, so it can be danceable for concerts. They also performed Medusa's path, which worked really well as a break for Maxim and Keith, and the second version of The Way It Is, with the Thriller recreation samples, which was brilliant. AONO was not a very good album to perform live. I wish to hear more Jilted, like Break & Enter, The Heat, Claustrophobic Sting, One Love and Rhythm of Life[/quote]

"Under My Wheels??? It is hardly a song." Says (only) you. To me it is perfectly fine track: straightforward hi-octane electro track for any occasion. Like speeding for instance :twisted: . But of course for the live situation as an hi-energic interlude between two full-vocal tracks for example. A Good and underestimated track for live purposes!

"AONO was not a very good album to perform live. " I strongly disagree. It has all the potential as all of the albums have. If you have one or two bad live experiences it might sometimes be also the audience's fault. Quite many in the audience even nowadays wait these all-time-favourite "bangers" instead having in between something original, different and rarely heard.

Also, Liam has all the skills to add a 2024 flavour or kick to these 20 year old AONO songs to give them more mass or volume and punch with them in the face when it comes to a large live audience.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:45 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 841Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I got to like AONO, way better today, then when it came out, and I would prefer to hear the whole album live, than the current setlist. I don't believe Liam would play a hell of a lot from it, besides Spitfire. Shoot Down could have potential, if it was more like the Gun version, but I only think LH would use it as intro. But it will not happen. I heard that Liam is not so happy with AONO anyway. I do hope a updated version will be released.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:03 am
SergeantSergeantPosts: 473Location: SK/HUJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 pm
Rock for People - no new tunes were dropped but still enjoyed it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6539Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Sky Arts
23:30 - 00:00
The Prodigy @ IOW Festival
Friday 21st June

edit: Tracks broadcast

Omen
Climbatize
Warrior's Dance
Everybody In The Place
Omen Reprise
Firestarter
Voodoo People
Light Up The Sky
Poison
Take Me To The Hospital
Invaders Must Die
We Live Forever
Out Of Space

Best bits of The Prodigy
Saturday 7.30pm
absolute radio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:55 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1661Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Hellfest set list. Nothing new

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:45 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 83Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
climbatize92 wrote:

interesting, the return of Their Law and the absence of Everybody in the Place and NeedSome1

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:52 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1661Location: Paris, FranceJoined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Arsendis wrote:
climbatize92 wrote:

interesting, the return of Their Law and the absence of Everybody in the Place and NeedSome1

Because it was a biggest metal festival in Europe

Offline Profile WWW