<  PRODIGY LIVE  ~  Will there be new songs on the Disrupta Tour?

Will there be new songs on the Disrupta Tour?
Poll runs till Fri Dec 13, 2024 9:21 pm

Yes
61%
[ 14 ] 61%

No
39%
[ 9 ] 39%

Total votes : 23
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:21 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 85Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
Do you think Liam will play new songs?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:54 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2418Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Disrupt Ya Flow (2024 Edit)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:39 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 108Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Guest01 wrote:
Disrupt Ya Flow (2024 Edit)

This ☝️
Probably not more than that.
I don't want to sound cynical, but probably with just this one new song, they'll get everyone hyped and eventually sell out this tour too, without bothering to change things up.

I've decided that if they ever come back to my country, I won't get tickets until I'm 100% sure they have several new songs to play or at least have mixed up their setlist. Don't get me wrong, though; I love the 'oldies and goldies,' but concert tickets have become really expensive and I like to see them clearly moving forward and not stuck too much in the golden age of the 1990s.

Moving forward has been the core of their being since day one.

Today's setlist is at its best with the fresh tracks from the NT era. However, the opening with Breathe needs to be changed. It is not a proper disarming opening track for a night to remember. It just doesn't do justice. Not anymore.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:58 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 23Joined: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 am
Lastu wrote:
Today's setlist is at its best with the fresh tracks from the NT era. However, the opening with Breathe needs to be changed. It is not a proper disarming opening track for a night to remember. It just doesn't do justice. Not anymore.

They play Breathe on every concert since 1996. Back then, they started with SMBU, now with Breathe because it is their most successful song.
I think the question which one is the opening track is not directly decided by the band. It is decided by other factors such as popularity, for example Breathe has 104 million clicks on the official XL Recordings Youtube Channel and more than 58 millions on the official Prodigy Youtube Channel. Making it probably more popular than Firestarter.

And it also could be decided directly by the record company and / or festival organisators.

I am also fed up hearing that song, it is almost 30 years old.

I think Keith Flint preferred commiting suicide than hearing it once more, but for the younger generation, and a lot of fans on festivals just turned 18, so they have their birth date after 2005, "Breathe" still is a very attracting song.

Offline Profile